Dear Woodbury families,
What more can be said about the 2019-2020 school year? I am so blessed and proud to be a part of the wonderful Woodbury community. Our faculty, staff, students, and parents rose to the challenge during the COVID-19 pandemic that initiated our campus closure in March 2020. Although our campus was closed, it did not stop the wonderful work being done by everyone! What a great example of Tiger P.R.I.D.E.!
As we begin the work to open the 2020-2021 school year, we continue to work hard to meet the needs of our students, and community. The Woodbury Team is hard at work creating innovative ways to provide remote learning opportunities for our students. We created digital classrooms where students, teachers, and their families can connect with one another. We will we begin the 2020-2021 school year with remote learning on August 24, 2020.
As educators we are inspired by why we do this work. The “why” is what keeps us energized, dedicated and focused on what matters most. I can say without a doubt the “why” at Woodbury is your children! They are what matters most to us. Our teachers and our families have taken on this new responsibility of distance learning with dignity and grace. I am grateful for the time and energy you have devoted to our students. Together there are no obstacles that can stand in the way of the Woodbury Tigers!
If you are new to Woodbury and have not yet registered your child, I would encourage you to do so as soon as possible. Our office opens August 10th at 8:00 a.m. Registering make you part of our Woodbury community, and gives you an advantage of receiving up-to-date communication from the school and school district quickly through Parent Square. We welcome you to the Woodbury family and look forward to meeting you very soon.
I hope all of you have a wonderful summer. Be safe and stay healthy.
Your VERY PROUD Principal,
Greetings students and families!
Welcome to Woodbury Elementary School where our hardworking teachers and staff go above and beyond to provide an exceptional education to our 400 students. We are committed to equipping all students with the academic and personal skills for lifelong success. Our students experience a high level of academic rigor and continue to excel in the classroom.
Our after school programs help extend the learning beyond the school day.
- The College and Career Mentoring Program pairs sixth grade students with a college mentor who serves as a positive role model, helps students with their school work, and teaches them about the path to college and career success.
- Our Boys & Girls Club is up and running for all second through sixth grade students. Students receive homework help and participate in fun academic, artistic, and athletic activities.
- The Intervention Program provides tutoring support for students who need that extra assistance in a specific subject. Teachers assist students by reviewing class concepts, exercises and homework.
- Woodbury's Computer Program teaches scholars important 21st century technology skills. Students become respectful digitally literate citizens as they explore the internet and are taught to use it for educational purposes.
- Our Math Programs teach and review math concepts and lessons with students as a means to prepare them for standardized testing as well as upper grade math. Students explore the theory and reasoning behind math problems, applying them to real world scenarios.
- The 100-Mile Club creates the personal goal for students of running up to 100 miles by the end of the year. From this program, comes our family fun-run event, known as "The Color Run!"
- Our Art Program brings out students' artistic talents and allows them an opportunity to learn real-world skills from professional artists.
- Wednesdays are College and Career Awareness days. Students learn important college readiness skill and begin exploring their college and career interests and goals.
Woodbury staff and teachers regularly recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of our students with monthly awards for character, scholarly habits, and attendance. Parents also receive awards for high levels of parent engagement.
We're grateful for our parent volunteers who do so much to enhance the school experience, including fundraising campaigns to support a variety of educational assemblies, our after-school robotics program, and annual family events that promote a healthy school community.
We are looking forward to another great school year at Woodbury thanks to our amazing students, staff and parents!